View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I read on PDAs for 20-odd years before eInk devices appeared. Would I go back to it? Personally, no, because I find it convenient to carry my CyBook with me. If, however, you're after something smaller, a Pocket PC is an excellent "pocket size" device.
Again, I fully endorse HarryT. I've had similar experience, not for 20 years, but close to 10 already. I used to read on one of the first WindowsCE devices, an HP 840, if I remember. The good thing about these devices is that they are backlit, so you can read in bed with nothing else. Would I return to it ? Not as the main reader. Why ? Screen size, my Cybook is roughly the size of a pocketbook, which is very handy. But the character size is about the same, whther you read on a PDA or an ebook reader, so you only lose in reading area. And a PDA, the most energy economical ones, only last 5 to 8 reading hours (the oldest ones), whereas E-Ink can last you a couple of weeks, minimum (depending on the reading habits).
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote