View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bayjunkie View Post
ill take bets on that. Ill still be here in 5 years if the forum is still up so lets say. 20 dollars per 1 year short you are pdurrant. and ill pay you 20 dollars for every year over I am.
Hmm.... So I say 5 years and you say 20 years. We'd need to define terms a bit. How about

1) Mobileread must still be running, and we must both still be active members.
2) The start date is 1st January 2011
3) The end date is the date a commercial product is shipped and received by a real customer. The bet to be settled within 30 days of the end date.
4) The product must contain a colour (at least thousands of colours) very low power (about the same as current eInk displays) display capable of 25fps (UK video) refresh rate. The power requirement is for colour ebook display. Display of video may use more power.
5) In case of dispute as to whether a shipped product meets these conditions, the dispute to be decided by a Mobileread poll lasting 14 days.

If such a product appears with an end date before 1st January 2031, you pay me $20 for every year or part year. e.g. if the first such product arrived in customer hands on 15 November 2025, you'd pay me (2031-2025)*$20 = $120

If such a product appears with an end date after 31st December 2015, I'll pay you $20 for very year or part of year. e.g. if the first such product ships on 15 November 2025, I'd pay you (2025-2015)*$20 = $200.

Hmm.. if it ships in 2023 we break even. If it ships earlier, I make money. If it ships later, you make money.

I'd be very happy with such a bet!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote