View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I believe that anyone who finds themselves in the midst of paradigm/medium shift is going to be easily distracted by the fact that they're doing something different than their "old way" of doing that same thing. So of course their retention/absorption might suffer because of that in the interim. But I don't believe that effect need be permanent or irreversible, once the shift is made. Am I to believe that those who learned to read on stone tablets or scrolls represent the epitome of human reading-retention skills ... and that those skills have been in decline ever since? Of course not. Because once the personal shift has been made, reading is still reading is still reading. There is no point in testing people for ereading retention skills who haven't yet made that personal shift. Especially since nobody's being required to make the shift in the first place.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-21-2014 at 01:59 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote