View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 02:42 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
950mAh Nokia batt(easily replaceable) -- 1000mAh custom Cybook batt (+2,-1) higher capacity battery, but not easily replacable
Both machines have easily replaceable batteries - the point is that both machines DO have replaceable batteries unlike, say, a Sony, where you have to return it to the manufacturer to be replaced.

Quote:
9000 pageturns -- 8000 pageturns (+1)
Marketting hype. Number of page turns is a pure fiction. Both machines will run for a LONG time without recharging (a week's reading, say).

Quote:
16sec boot -- 20sec boot (+1)
Irrelevent. Both machines boot quickly enough that it's not really an issue. With the CyBook you can just leave it switched on, in which case you'll need to recharge every 4 days or so.

Quote:
SD/MMC -- SDHC (+1,-1) <= anyone knows if one device uses SDHC?
Irrelevent. Both machines have 512MB RAM, which is sufficient for several years worth of reading without using an SD card at all.

Quote:
2MB NOR FLASH -- 8MB RAM (-1)
And this matters because.... ?

Quote:
USB 1.1 -- USB 2 (-1)
Very little relevance. eBook files are not large.

Quote:
+Epub, RTF, LIT, PPT, WOLF, DOC, CHM, FB2, DJVU, Tiff, BMP, RAR, ZIP -- OEB XHTML (+13, -1)
Utterly misleading. What matters is not the number of formats supported, but how WELL they are supported (eg Mobi support on the Gen3 is hugely better than that of the BeBook). Format conversion is easy. Besides which, your list is flat out wrong - why do you include the picture formats that the BeBook supports, but not those supported by the Gen3????

Quote:
No dictionary -- Dictionary support (-1)
Extremely important for me. Do you honestly consider "WOLF" support to be as important as dictionary support? When did you last come across a WOLF-format file?

Quote:
No Notes -- Bookmarks menu (-1)
I don't understand what you mean by this one...

Quote:
I station readman service -- N/A (+0) I don't use this anyways.
... or this one.

Quote:
N/A -- Ubibooks, Cluster21 (-2)
... or this one.

Quote:
Better build quality -- Beter design and looks, and color; better display? (-2)
The two machines use precisely the same screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote