View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #21
crdf
Connoisseur
crdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I honestly fail to see how anyone can meaningfully write a review on a book that they haven't read.
Because they don't....write a review I mean. Not always. Gosh I s*ck at explaining. Sould stop!

they express their expectations of the book. This is mostly seen in the YA genre. But no one is really considering the rating until there are at least a 1000. I find the system to be much less bias and accurate the others. Somehow a few hundred of thousand ratings make more sense, even if there are some that can hardly be called reviews, then 30 of them but all 5 stars.

I understand why the term reviews is misleading, but again, for the third time. GR allows use of the rating system to be personalized. Your rating doesn't need to mean anything to anyone but you. A lot of people rate as a way of categorizing.

of course it is all again about preference. No one have to use the system to rate, review or even to register. And I am sure a lot of people avoid GR and there will be even more "nice" PR in future. It takes one to lead them all.
crdf is offline   Reply With Quote