View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
bwrobel
bwrobel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard wifi only
retrieving unsaved note from kindle keyboard wifi model.

Hi, I just spent a week in switzerland, I borrowed my wife's kindle keyboard wifi only for the trip. At the conclusion off the trip when on the airplane, after two days of not sleeping, I spent 2 hours writing a note in Paul Auster's New York Trilogy. I placed the kindle down to go to restroom. I did not save the note. When I returned the kindle was either on the home page table of contents or turned off. I can't remember. I figure if the former, I mistakenly hit the home button when I put it down. If the latter, the kindle may have timed out from lack of use and turned off. Suffice to say I lost the note. What I wrote I can not recreate. It was a stream of conscience prose that spewed forth from an intensely emotional trip that was conjured by the loss of my father the week before, travel, landscape, art, architecture, people and language. I would love more than anything to retrieve what I wrote, what I was thinking. I was almost running on delirium after five days of intense snow boarding in the alps and two days in Geneva without sleep where all sorts of interesting things happened. Is there anyway to retrieve a note that was unsaved. I have heard that on hard drives even if a document or file is deleted it can be retrievable by a computer expert. Is there any chance this is the case with the kindle. Note, the note was never saved then deleted, it was rather drafted and cleared by either hitting home or turning off from lack of use. Perhaps a safety back up was created that can be accessed? Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks.
bwrobel is offline   Reply With Quote