Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
David - when you say you're integrating Joel's code are you making it an option or is it going to become the way epubs are handled in general by the driver? FWIW my vote would be for optional - then we can switch back if there are problems.
It will definitely be optional. And definitely off by default. And if I could trigger a "Are you really sure you want to do this?" question, I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I will admit I'm not at all in favour of the renaming of epub to epub.kepub. I feel that by making it automatic we are creating an entirely new support / stability issue for Kobo.

Making it simple for JQ Public to put each and every book into the wrong renderer engine is not wise.
That's one of the reasons I have hesitated so far. But, you can force the renderer change by simply adding ".kepub" to the save template. As I said, if I see any problems, I will stop. I thought of one almost as soon as I made my post last night that will be a showstopper if it doesn't work with no other changes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote