View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #426
RogueLeader
RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.RogueLeader is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Thank you. That looks easy enough - I am a little leery yet as to install usbnetwork - I suppose that is what I need to access the root of all evil ( / ). After all I do spend the majority of my PW time reading instead of fiddling with it. I would hate to be responsible for breaking my Kindle by changing or deleting the wrong file.

I'll keep this in mind though. As for stock fonts - I rather do like MT Chinese Surrogate - it is a nice heavy font (at least when reading english with it). Having the live preview back would definately be a plus if changing fonts often.
Re: reading vs fiddling. I hear you. But I just got mine for Christmas so I am still in full fiddle mode. Maybe I'll read something one of these days!

Indeed, I should have mentioned you need to be jailbroken with usbnet to access /. And yes, please exercise caution and only do what you're comfortable doing (the usbnet guides preach this clearly enough). That said, my solution doesn't delete or change existing files, but creates a new config file (similar to others already there) with rules for which fonts running programs (e.g. the reading application) can "see".

I'll re-enable MT Chinese Surrogates, based on your rec. I didn't even try it, I just didn't like how the name was too long to be displayed in full. I'm picky like that, although I think I could write config rules to shorten the name up...
RogueLeader is offline   Reply With Quote