View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #833
vdp
Enthusiast
vdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle DXG
Hi everyone,
at the moment I am a happy user of a relatively old version of the viewer(released around 1st of April this year). During the summer I've tried the then current version of the software, and while I liked the improvements, there was an annoying rendering bug. I must admit that I was lazy and didn't file a bug report, because I figured the bug is due to switching to a new version of muPDF or something like that, and is so obvious that the developers will quickly notice or at least someone else will report it . So I kept using the old version, that was good enough for my purposes. Two or so weeks ago I decided to try the newest version of the reader, and it's great, but unfortunately the bug was still there. The problem is that when I press the 5-way, and then scroll down(again using the 5-way) one visible page chunk at the time, part of the text is rendered as gray instead of black (see the attached screenshot). This happens with every PDF file I tried, both in landscape and portrait mode.

Does someone know if this is a known problem and how it can be fixed? My device is KDXG.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kpdf-render-bug.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	97711  
vdp is offline   Reply With Quote