View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
jdanniel
jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jdanniel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7
Then I'm obviously doing something wrong.

If you will bear with me, I'll tell you precisely what I'm doing. I will try not to bore anyone with excessive details.

1. I rename Section0001.xhtml to Title Page and set the Add Semantics option to Title Page. I then type in THIS IS MY TITLE PAGE. I set it to Heading 1.

2. I have some Microsoft Word documents in docx format. I re-save them as HTML files.

3. In the Book Browser, I right-click on Text, and select Add Existing Files. I select four HTML files that I re-saved. They appear under the Text heading in the Book Browser. There are now a total of five items listed under Text, including the Title Page.

4. Each of the four files I imported has a heading. I highlight each heading, and choose Heading 2 for them.

5. I don't bother creating a TOC just yet.

6. I save the project, naming it MY TEST EBOOK.

That's it! That's all I do. And I'll be damned...when I open it in ADE, it's all one long section you have to scroll through. No NEXT button, no PREVIOUS button.

Did I do anything wrong? Did I leave out a step?

If you want, I'll put the four .html files and the .epub file in a .ZIP archive, upload it to my web site, and place a link here for anyone to download an examine.

Very frustrating, indeed. Thanks for helping out. Jd
jdanniel is offline   Reply With Quote