View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #36
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Mike Cane found a blogger who posted the author's names and their tweets. I counted a little over 100 authors who incorrectly claimed infringement.

I can post a link if the moderators feel it wouldn't promote retribution.
I would love a list of authors who are too stupid to pay attention to the contracts they signed up for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post
The facts I gathered is that while the site was legal concerning KDP authors who signed up for the 70% plan through KDP, the site culled ALL books from Amazon through an API.
A lot of authors don't pay attention to which features you agree to in order to get the 70% rate.

Although if they also included lists of authors who weren't actually participating--where the lending option obviously wouldn't work--yeah, I could see authors getting upset at that. I can't see that it's worth much outcry; that's "oops your book was mistakenly included on a list of lendable books," not "oops your book was mistakenly lent out against your contract terms."

But I suppose "this site has listed our books in the wrong column!!!!" just isn't as rageworthy as "this site is PIRATING our books!"
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote