View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #33
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I liked the way I could either turn a page with a mouse click, a space bar, or even scrolling down line by line at my whim with a down arrow, and when I finally bought a Kobo (my first dedicated e-reader) I remember being annoyed that I couldn't do the same things as I had started to feel entitled to with calibre.
Ha, well that explains it: all the things you like are the opposite of what I was looking for Although, once I was using FBReader, the customizable keybindings were a big pro (I would generally use the arrow keys for pageturns, holding the netbook portrait-wise).

My priorities were:
5. Adjustable margins
4. Totally customizable font/background colors
3. 90 degree rotation
2. True fullscreen (no visible GUI)
1. Opening quickly to the current page of my current read with all of the above settings as I'd left them, and loading each new book with those settings in place.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote