View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool PDF images upside down - a solution

....and another solution to add to it.

I use PDFCreator as a printer driver that outputs a PDF. Though I do not have the same problem as you I tried a variation of your solution using PDFCreator instead. The problem it appears to have solved is one of PDF conversion using Calibre losing the second of a double letter sequence and instead having a space in place of the second of the two letter sequence. Like 'all' being converted to 'al '.

Creating a new PDF first (using PDFCreator) then using Calibre to convert the new PDF to an ePUB seems to have solved the double letter problem.

Hooray! And thatks for the nudge.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote