View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
MCompeau
:) (Palm)Ebooks since '97
MCompeau began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/WiFi
New K3 Owner - WestPA / Longtime eBook reader!

Hi all!

My wife bought me my K3 for our anniversary this year, and I've just been getting acquainted with it. I'm quite pleased to finally have a large, and VERY contrasty screen to read on!!

I began reading ebooks on my Pilot5000 (before they were called PalmPilots) back in 1997, so I've been at this a pretty long time... moving through more models of these things than I'd care to disclose here. Along the way, I worked for a handheld software company (Quickoffice--now available on iPhones, Nokias, and Palm Pre 2 devices just announced from Verizon yesterday) as head of marketing and bizdev for a few years.

And I've got plenty of opinions, and IF there's a way to push a device to it's limits and freeze it, crash it, eek out faster response, get it to stand on it's head and sing YankeeDoodleDandy, I'll eventually figure it out and experience it all... which is both rewarding and frustrating.

Glad to be a part of the community here, finally!!

I've loaded up the latest update for my device (3.0.3) and am still trying to figure out if anything actually changed. heehee.

See you all around.
Mike Compeau
mike.compeau@compeau.net
MCompeau is offline   Reply With Quote