Thread: Content Time for price drop
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #14
emalvick
Groupie
emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!emalvick , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle 3
Yo add to the PID comments, when you purchase a book or other Kindle item, you are technically only allowed to have it on so many devices at once (I believe it is item specific).

Each item has its own PID to allow Amazon to keep track of how many devices you might have a specific book on. I think this is for the cases where someone might have many devices registered to one account.... i.e. if there was no limit you could share a book with many people by registering their Kindle to the same Amazon account. I've read on other forums (or perhaps somewhere in here) of an example (perhaps typical) of a book only being allowed on 6 devices. To go to a 7th device, the person had to remove it from a device through the "manage their Kindle" page.
emalvick is offline   Reply With Quote