View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 12:25 AM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroshroom View Post
Huh, that's really odd, I tried testing it out some more after what you said and here's my results:

1) Fresh boot, Loaded Wikipedia 0.8 (with pictures), tried to load the "Zoo" article immediately = Always crashes the Kobo

2) Fresh boot, Loaded Wikipedia 0.8 (with pictures), loaded another article first (I tested "Fire" and "Zoology" articles) which loaded properly, then tried to load the "Zoo" article = Loads Zoo article properly

3) Fresh boot, Loaded Wikipedia 0.8 (with pictures), loaded the "Zztop" article which loaded properly, then tried to load the "Zoo" article = Always crashes Kobo again

4) Fresh boot, Loaded Wikipedia 0.8 (with pictures), loaded the "Fire" article, then loaded the "Zztop" article, then loaded "Zoo" article = Loads Zoo article properly
they
So I really have no idea what's going on with the Zoo article, just that if you load the "Fire" or "Zoology" article first after a boot (Only ones I have tried, there's probably way more that work), then you can load the Zoo article. But the same thing didn't work for loading "Zztop" first before loading "Zoo".
Without being able to unpack the file and look at what is in each part, I can't think of a way to check. I assumed they were a zip file with some specific file contents (similar to an ePub), but that is not the case. My quick searching has found a format description, but no tools to unpack them. Maybe looking at the original Wikipedia pages would give a hint about what is wrong.

The other thing to do is look for a trace log in the .kobo directory. As the device is crashing, there should be one produced. These can be provided to Kobo to help debug problems. What they will do with it, I don't know. This is an unannounced feature, so they don't officially support it. They might look at it and fix the problem, or they might ignore it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote