View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #13
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by praneeth View Post
I think I got it working actually. Thank you!

Maybe what I was doing as restart (holding power for 4+ seconds) wasn't actually restarting.
Nope, that just turns it off and on.

Quote:
I held power, then held home until I got the recovery mode screen, hit "R" to escape out of recovery mode, and I got a "your kindle is starting up message" that I haven't seen before (not the normal starting up "bar"). And now I see everything ok.
Yes. You can also go to Settings, hit Menu and select Restart.

Quote:
Is there a "refresh" for documents, like the Alt-Z for images?
No, you don't have to refresh when added documents.

Quote:
When I restarted the only things I could see were the image folders, gave me a scare there but after a little bit, my personal documents are back on there.
Yeah, it takes it a minute to rescan all the books.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote