View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
Any opinions as to how the Samsung Galaxy 2 10 inch stacks up against the KF? (other than it's bigger). My KF1 has the charging port issue and they can't send me another one for 6-8 weeks. I have a Galaxy that I'm trying out. I haven't seen the KF HD (in any size) yet. I like the Galaxy but I feel like I might be missing out on some cool new KF features.Would I be wowed by the KF 8.9 inch? Opinions please!
I own both a Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 (Student Edition) and a 16GB Kindle Fire HD 7".

Those two devices are so dramatically different that you have to decide whether or not you want a general purpose tablet or an Amazon-centric media consumption device.

The screen and sound on the KFHD is absolutely beautiful. As a simple media player for music and movies, it is terrific. I've sideloaded a few video and music players and it is quite nice. The lack of a microSD slot is an issue for me and prevents me from loading up a bunch of movies and music.

The GTab is also quite nice. Performance is not quite as snappy as the KFHD, but it is fine and not a distraction.

What cool new KF features do you believe that you're missing out on? I'm not that big into the Amazon ecosystem so I know that I'm not experiencing any of them firsthand.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote