View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #48
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Thank you for this very thorough review! I remember seeing the Circus Ponies app in the store, but there were some negative reviews about the app's stability if I remember correctly, and it was a bit expensive to just buy and have a look for myself. It does look interesting though.

This reminds me that I had planned to post more reviews here but I got lazy. I have been looking for an app to manage my work notes, which I don't like to keep in the same app as my personal notes. Plus the needs are a bit different. At work, I mostly need to be able to take notes quickly during meetings and search them later. Plus I need to keep track of the many things I need to do or follow up on.

After trying many, many apps that focus on meetings, some with very sophisticated functionalities and others more simple, I gave up (for now) and settled for a simple but beautiful app called Action Notes. This app only manages text notes. You can organize them in tabs (only 6 of them). Inside each note, you can mark some paragraphs as tasks and they will show up in a list on the side with a check box that you can tick when it's done. There is also a tool to view all open actions, and a search tool. It's not perfect and needs some improvements in the import/export area IMO, but for the moment it works for me. The main selling points are the beautiful interface, and the simplicity which means I'm always ready to type notes when needed. Many of the other apps I tried failed because there are so many screens and popups to go through, they are simply not usable in a meeting where I need to be able to type very quickly to capture what is being said and not lose anything.

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 09-10-2012 at 07:20 AM.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote