View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's about 6 weeks since your original post. Has it only just gone wrong?

First a simple check, please post a screencap of the settings window of Prefs - Plugins - Device Interface - Sony PRST1 - Customize

I've just done a connect/disconnect to calibre and have no problems. Following that I transferred a few new books via send-to-device - still no problems. I'm using calibre v0.8.61.
No, it's 'vanished' a couple of different times since then. My workaround has been to re-add the metadata plugboards [I click edit, then don't edit anything, and then 'save'], seems to work.

Remember I'm rather a tech-challenged person, so haven't done screencaps

Settings checked: epub and others [I only have epubs anyway]
use sub directory
save template: {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
comma separated: series,tags
then 'upload', 'refresh', and 'preserve' all checked, last option 'use Sony' is not

Current Calibre version 8.62

And just like bringing your car to a mechanic, I've just 'synced' 3 different times in a row and lost nothing...

But I figured I'd voice that it's happened to me also and wondered why it seems to happen 'sometimes', maybe it's a setting I've messed in error, knowing me, very likely.

Thank you again as always for your very advanced and patient assistance.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote