View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #295
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
It might be easiest just to create new threads for each plugin instead of trying to split them, and create a new sticky to hold the info from the first post in this thread with links to the new posts (instead of links to single posts), and then to just close this thread.
Yeah today will be the day of action on this, as you saw I added the sticky last night (thanks for your comments, have made changes you suggested).

I am a little in two minds about the splitting/new threads thing. I really want this thread to be deleted for these reasons:
(1) It contains a lot of error reports or instructions for older versions of the plugin that are no longer relevant that I don't want a new user to have to read through.
(2) It contains info for plugins that either are or will shortly be deprecated.
(3) I don't want it coming up in search results for the confusion it could add to newer users.

However there are a lot of very good posts within it that I certainly want kept - ideas for new plugins, positive feedback of course etc. I think those should be moved into relevant new threads.

If people have violent objections to me "rewriting history" by my moving just the "useful stuff" into new threads and deleting the rest please say so. Plan B is as you say to just start new threads and lock this one. I tried a PM to the lead forum admin but no response as yet, I'll try one to Kovid as well for any objections.