View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Worldwalker and Neil,

I see nothing wrong with Neil or me including links to our businesses in our signatures. after all, what we do is book related. And I know BeWrite isn't a vanity press; I was trying to point out to Neil -- obviously not successfully -- that based on his post, he would be declaring BeWrite to be a likely vanity press ("Legitimate servicers and publishers do not need to go on the knocker. Leave that to retailers and vanity press.").

Neil, just so you understand, I am not offering my services to individual MR members. If you wanted to hire me privately as an author to edit your manuscript, I would refer you to professionals I know who are very competent. I do not work directly with or for authors; all my work is with publishers. If you were to contact me on behalf of BeWrite, I would then discuss the possibility of working with you. However, even then it is unlikely I would accept any work, and very likely I would refer you to a known colleague, because I do not edit fiction at all, and focus my efforts on books for the professional medical and education markets, which are fairly narrow areas in the scheme of books.

My signature includes my "ads" really for descriptive purposes (of course, I'd love to have everyone subscribe to my blog ) and so that MR members know the perspective from which I post.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote