Thread: PRS-600 prs-600 notes to printing
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 04:50 AM   #65
ebioman
Enthusiast
ebioman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
FYI, the script does indeed only work for fully zoomed out annotations. Each "Freehand" annotation is associated with a specific zoom level (specified in its XML tag by the scale="0|1|2|3|4" attribute. Unzoomed is scale="0")

Annotations made on one zoom level do not show on another zoom level (when viewing on the reader itself).

I've made all my annotations under the "L" zoom size (scale="2") so they are obviously misplaced in the jarnal files created. My eyes aren't good enough to make the annotations on the unzoomed in files; so, I think I'm back to the drawing board on a good way to export notes from the Reader still.

How silly.
Hi I am still not willed to give up the annotations problem - it is essential for my purpose. I just went through the entire thread again and found this line, that made me wonder.
If it is true that all annotations are as well marked with the actual zoom level (I cant check it at the moment, sent mine back due to fading) we could recover them as well in the annotations export script.
The script "just" would have to read out the zooming mode (1/2/3 or 4) and then figure out the percentage in zooming (for example. in percent). Knowing the actual displacement we could recalculate the position in non-zoomed mode.
Since we have only few zooming modes it would be probably not such an issue.

What do you think guys ?
ebioman is offline   Reply With Quote