View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 05:23 AM   #5
El Duderino
#hilakleiner
El Duderino began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (2013)
Well, adding the png's back would have been the best of both worlds, but I ditched that idea due to strange behaviour. Here's what happened:

I added the 'kbmenupngs' folder back to the device. Nickel loaded fine, and I was able to create a collection for them on the device. I connected with Calibre to see if it would delete the collection, but it didn't!

I tried to look at the collection in "cover view" in Nickel, and it immediately booted me back to KSM. After several tries, I got back into Nickel and changed back to "list view" from another collection.

Having no need for 3 of 6 functions in the png folder, I deleted those 3 from the device. At this point, I also updated the autostart interval to 5 seconds, like you'd mentioned in another thread.

Not sure what caused it, but I kept getting kicked back to KSM while trying to load Nickel. It would seem to boot Nickel halfway before back into KSM.

I changed the "set runmenu settings.msh" in KSM back to "alternate", and Nickel loaded successfully this time. Immediately I connected to my PC where I deleted the 'kbmenupngs' folder, checked the integrity of my Database in Calibre (which was OK), and rebooted.

After that I could load into Nickel just fine (keeping autostart at 5secs), but now the SD card wasn't being read in Nickel.

Lastly, I synced with Calibre again and rebooted the device. This time it read the SD card.

I guess long and short of it, everything's working OK but I'm fully expecting Nickel to sometimes not recognize my SD card requiring a reboot.

I'd blame it on installing KSM, KOReader et al, but I often got an "SD card not recognized" message in Nickel before this install process. It's probably that same issue just emerging in a different way.

We shall see.

Thanks for all the help Ken!
El Duderino is offline   Reply With Quote