View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #48
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Seems it will still be the same for those who use Calibre to manage their library and leave Wi-Fi off on their readers. I know that’s a small subset of readers, but then again, so is the group that will actually care.

I do wonder how this spyware will play on a PC. I read a horror story about Adobe putting in a bit of spyware that would scan your library and send the details back to Adobe.
I think there will be more interest in open source ereaders free of spyware as time goes on. Would be interesting if Calibre had a mobile ereader. I see there was interest in this years ago:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199449
But if publishers find a way to worm spyware into the ebooks themselves, then we have a real challenge on our hands to be free from someone looking over our shoulder as we read.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote