View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #12
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I was far more impressed with the Galaxy Tab than I expected to be, esp. on the issue of screen real estate. It feels "enough" and has the advantage of being quite portable; the iPad, as example, tips over into the "clipboard" size; the Galaxy Tab is still "trade paperback". It's also lighter than I expected and, of course, though the screen is not Super Amoled, it is outstanding.

Really, the biggest challenge is pricing. In the US it's $600 with a wireless plan; no firm word on how low that goes on a 2 yr contract. It undercuts the iPad pricing by 20% at most, and you don't get the iPhone/iPtouch/iPad ecosystem. On the other hand, it's the first to mass global market and Samsung et al are far more likely to lower prices sooner than Apple ... so that 20% gap will widen quickly.

I found the Dell Streak 5" model too small for my taste.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote