View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #30
william z
Connoisseur
william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.william z ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I think they missed a significant technological factor. Japan was crazy for advanced (a.k.a. smart) cellular phones. I will bet many Japanese chose to read content on their phones rather than buy a dedicated e-reader.
I don't think very many Japanese read books on a cell phone. The publishing industry is different in Japan than in the USA and is very vibrant; that is, there are many more bookstores, both new and used, and it is much easier to buy a book or find one you want. I don't think many Japanese buy books online either, they probably would rather go to a bookstore and browse. I would bet that the average Japanese reads a lot more than the average American too. Different culture.
william z is offline   Reply With Quote