View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrick View Post
> Madness.

I don't see the "madness" or problem here. If you'd had a book, you would also write directly into it - even though the content is copyright protected.
The madness doesn't refer to annotating. Personally I'd not annotate a physical book, but you don't give or lend copies – only the physical orginal, you do own the physical medium and can mutilate it anyway you fancy, or highlight passages or add ballpoint pen annotations. But I'd hate to borrow a physical book that someone has highlighted and annotated. If I accidentally buy such a book in a charity shop I bin it. What is wonderful about ebook annotations is that they are NOT in the ebook, yet you can use them as if they are.
PDFs can have annotations (graphic image or text) added if they don't have DRM because they can be added at the end of the file and defined as an extra layer. Each annotation then has a page and position on the page.
An ebook doesn't work like a PDF. Technically it's possible to put annotations inside an ebook, but that is madness compared to a database or a per ebook separate file.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote