View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #133
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsANovelIdea View Post
If I do this, can I use the plugin AND Adobe Digital Editions, together and on the same computer, with no issues? Or would you plugin "steal" the activation away from Adobe Digital Editions somehow? Would having and authorizing in both count as multiple authorizations (even though they're on the same computer)?
If you import an authorization from an existing ADE into this plugin, you can use both the plugin and ADE with the same authorization and it'll only count as one. Though, I would suggest not using the plugin and ADE at the same time (so, fully close / exit ADE before importing a file into Calibre) so Adobe doesn't notice two connections at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsANovelIdea View Post
Do you happen to know if the same can be done in Adobe Digital Editions, or if it can't be done in the Adobe Digital Editions GUI, then if there's a way to do the equivalent of what your plugin does for exporting account activation data? Just curious in case I decide to start of with Adobe Digital Editions first and then use the plugin later.
There is no official way to export activation data from ADE, since Adobe wants you to re-authorize the computer instead of importing a backup. But of course you can first clone the ADE authorization into the Plugin, and then export the activation data backup from the plugin. There's just no way (yet?) to import such a backup file back into ADE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
Is it possible to import multiple ADE authorizations into the plugin (perhaps from multiple .der files)? Once I import one, I don't have the ability to import another.
No, right now this is not possible. You can import one ADE authorization, and that'll be the one that'll be used to fulfill future ACSM imports. What would be the use case for this? Do you actually have multiple ADE accounts and want to import some files into one account and some into another? It's on my to-do list, but it needs to be implemented carefully and with enough warnings so people don't end up accidentally linking an ACSM to the wrong account.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote