View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 PM   #11
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
If the choice is between silently correcting an obvious error or willfully perpetrating an atrocity, I say to give the atrocity a miss.

It's a situation that probably occurs frequently, when the book and the audiobook are having a simultaneous release. I can't imagine that a professional narrator is supposed to say a misspelled word as written. Mistakes of that sort are harder and more expensive to correct, also.
But the mistakes I heard were legitimate words, just not the right words for the context. If they were in the text (and I don't know if they were, but they seemed like the kind of mistakes that are easy to miss in text), I don't think it's up to the narrator to correct them on her own, anymore than the narrator should correct a grammatical error. In a perfect world, I would want her to call attention to a mistake in what she's reading and have it corrected in all versions of the book.

Actually it's the person who does whatever you call the equivalent of proofreading for an audiobook who should have noticed the mistakes, checked the manuscript, and followed up.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote