View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fehmarn View Post
I'm trying to put some music on my reader, can I "sideload" it to an SD-Card, too? And if so, how would I name the folder? The manual is blissfully ignorant on the topic
Yes, you should be able to just drag-and-drop. The default location for MP3s in internal memory is /Sony_Reader/media/audio, but I think you can probably create any directory structure you like and the Sony will scan the SD card and find your music files when you disconnect after loading them.

You should probably avoid putting the MP3s directly into the root directory of the SD card, as I think there's a limit to the number of root files you can have. But apart from that it's your choice.

Just a word of warning, similar to ebooks, the Sony will not use your directory structure to organise your music, it will use the metadata in the mp3tags to populate its database.

Lastly, I'm sure you probably know this already, but playing audio files will eat your battery pretty fast.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote