View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #24
kaiser s
kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.kaiser s is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony DPT-S1
I use a 32 GB micro sdhc card and it works perfectly. My most recent issue with this device is that it crashes when loading some documents that used to load with ease. It just gets stuck on "please wait." It's really annoying. I read mostly medical textbooks that could present more of a challenge to the device. Otherwise I'm extremely happy with the purchase.

I've had the device since the first week of June and reading on this is really a great experience (except for the issue above). There are a few things I wish I was told when I first bought the device. Sharing these with you so you can care for your device better than I have:
  • Consider finding an alternative to the carrying case/cover that comes with the box. The black coating on the sides can easily erode when bumped by blunt objects or scratched with sharp ones. This would reveal a white layer underneath. Mine already has a few small white spots on the sides. Unfortunately I still haven't found an alternative case/cover as of now.
  • Be aware of what other things are in your suitcase/bag when carrying the device with the pen-clip attached. My clip got permanently dislodged after a day of carrying it inside a laptop bag with my laptop and a book inside. Some anchor attached to the clip got broken so it would not re-attach to the device anymore despite following the instructions in the manual.
  • Dust easily accumulates on the thin opening that lines the edges of the device. Since it takes away from the aesthetic appeal of the device, I sometimes use a keyboard vacuum to clean them out.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll continue to add to this as I continue to use the device.
kaiser s is offline   Reply With Quote