Thread: MobileRead July 2017 Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 07:53 AM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please vote for Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach. It is the most enjoyable book in the list. Last time I said the book I wanted to win was the better book, I was very much correct. The book we had was not all that good. It was more about politics than science and the topic was supposed to be science. When we had mystery month, we got a rather tame/dull book on Africa.
None of the choices this month is really ringing my bell, but I'll read any of them except Murakami.

I think you were wrong last month, Jon. Heck, I could say my choice was the best each month, also, but I'd only be right for my interests and not necessarily even in terms of a good discussion and certainly not for others.

The club's already read books by Roach and Murakami and I don't see the point in revisiting either when there are different authors to choose from. Frankly, I think Murakami in particular would be disastrous. Although the most literary of the choices, which speaks to me, at 600 pages no one will end up reading it. The last time Murakami was chosen it resulted in the worst discussion ever; there were only two posts about the book. I figure the prurient will at least give Bonk a try, but I hope it's not the selection, also.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote