Thread: Oasis x Voyage
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #17
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
I have been using my Oasis for over 6 months and would recommend it, the form factor is great in my opinion and the cover feels premium.

But I totally agree with those who say that the perception of batterylife is worse than the Kindle Paperwhite for 4 reasons:

1. if you are low on battery in the main unit you are notified and if you are low on battery in the cover you are notified.

2. The 10 LEDīs are awesome I think, but I keep them on quite high in brightly lit enviroments where I probably could have turned them off, but it has to burn some more battery than the 4 LEDīs in the Paperwhite.

3. I do bring it more places than I did with my paperwhite, so more use might also contribute to the battery consumption.

4. The big battery and small battery is really confusing. Thereīs no visualization to let you intuitively see the difference between a shot-glass and a bucket.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote