View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #16680
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I finally finished Rainbows End by Vernor Vinge last night. I've been a bit bogged down with it, and missed a few days when I was away for the weekend, but I basically liked it. The main issues were that it was kind of bitty, and it wasn't all that clear who the good guys were for quite a long while. This was a Hugo winner in the mid-00s. It's a relatively near future thriller heavy on the network technology.

To take a break from that, I also read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie earlier this week. I think my expectations were a bit too keyed up, and I always suspected the eventual murderer, but it was fun getting there.

I have the next Hugo winner and the next Poirot both sitting beside me on the coffee table (both pbooks), and I'll probably start one or both of them very shortly.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote