View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #10
Amogh Harish
Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: MacBook Air, iPad Mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Moto G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
In the first post the android device interface plugin was disabled. Now that it is enabled (and you restarted calibre) do you have the device properly mounted so it has a drive letter assigned to it?
Linux doesn't work with drives the way Windows does. It has a completely different approach. I don't want to go into the entire thing, as it would deviate us from the matter at hand, but I'm pretty sure you'll find links on the interwebs that would explain it better than me.

Anyway, Linux 'shows' each USB device with their name, rather than the drive letter as opposed to Windows. This is good in many cases, especially when you have to work through the terminal and can't afford to remember the drive letter that is dynamic on Windows. USB devices show up under /home/media on Ubuntu. I'm not sure about other distros.
Amogh Harish is offline   Reply With Quote