View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #214
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I just played clock.gmv.gz on my paperwhite using gmplay-1.5a from the first post. It works great!

Due to the increased screen size, the video has a white border above it and to the right.

The next version will center it and use a black border just like it now does for the DX and DXG.

I tried my version that plays the "noisy rhythms" sound demo while playing video, but it fails with "error while loading shared libraries: libasound.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory", which is hardly surprising because the Paperwhite does not support sound (yet).

I plan to add two sound versions to the Paperwhite. One uses USB OTG with a USB sound stick ($0.99USD shipped from China eBay stores). The other method will PWM the power LED, so a photocell driving amplified speakers should work okay for sound output. I already tested driving the power LED using a script, but the best I could do is a 6500Hz square wave. I am hoping to go much faster using a C program. Even if we cannot go that fast, we can at least do synthesized "chiptunes" sound.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote