View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #612
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sounds like time to explore what resources are available on the motherboard.
High resolution pictures would help (yours or someone that has done a teardown).
I heard that the back might be glued on with dabs of epoxy, like my K5 demo units were, from somebody who tried to open a Paperwhite today. You can pry the flexible back off the hard epoxy, but it damages the slide tabs near the top...

Hmm... The PW does not even have a back cover. All one piece, with the front bezel inset into it. The case feels a bit flexible though, both for added grip and for corner shock protection... But how to open???

Did Bill Detweiler do a teardown yet? Seeing the inside tabs would give a clue how to open it.

I suppose we will need a serial port to get the first firmware images to study, just like we did with the K5...

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-04-2012 at 09:42 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote