View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #48
JohnGalt
Enthusiast
JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnGalt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Slaughterhouse 5 was mentioned a few times as well, but I second that. You mentioned sci-fi - I'm not a huge sci-fi reader, but Walter Tevis is interesting and a very simple read - Mockingbird and the Man Who Fell to Earth are good. I didn't catch your age, but I really identified with The Catcher in the Rye as a young man (teenagers are really the primary target.) The Hunchback of Notre Dame hadn't been mentioned, it's a toughtfull, more dramatic read, but very enjoyable. If you like adventure, you won't go wrong with Rafael Sabatini (the Seahawk is a great swashbuckler/revenge story,) or Dumas (i'd personally reccomend the Count of Monte Cristo over any of the Da'Artagnan romances.) I'd also suggest the Once and Future King (arthurian epic - modern English and very readable.)

Last edited by JohnGalt; 08-24-2012 at 11:36 PM.
JohnGalt is offline   Reply With Quote