Thread: Folder support
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 AM   #8
Enkidu of Abydos
Master of Disaster
Enkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Enkidu... don't jump on people for giving detailed explanations when you ask for them... your Post #3 said "What's a flasher?" which bbriand then explained... don't blame him for his explanation when your comment made you sound technically inept...
Sorry if it seemed like I jumped on him but I wasn't trying to. I just wanted to explain I wasn't as inept as he seemed to think I was. The answer to the mentioned question could be given in one sentence, the whole long explaining is unnecessary. I understand why he could think I was a total noob from the way I phrased my question but I was trying to be ironic.

Quote:
And as for your 3 questions: Dependable if you don't screw up, at least as bug free as any commercial software and probably more so and you take all facilities as it's a unit but you don't have to use anything you don't want to and multi-level folder structure works.
Thanks, that's exactly the answer I was looking for.
Now I guess one there's one important matter left - if I do happen to screw up the procedure, can the device end up bricked beyond help ? Or do I just reset it to factory settings ?

Quote:
If you want more detailed info on the various flashers and systems then read the latter part of the related thread as well as the beginning...
Silly me, I visited that link several times but thought it was a single post with no answers, didn't notice the link to the full thread.
Allright, I'll take a look, but it's 112 pages !

Quote:
Oh yes, Sony implemented a tag structure (using meta-tags), which many people prefer to folder structures especially as it allows the same file to be in several different tag groups whereas you would need several copies of the same file in different folders to achieve the same capability... personally I prefer folders but that's me.
You mean like collections in the 505 ?
Enkidu of Abydos is offline   Reply With Quote