View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
luite
Connoisseur
luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.luite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dr1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl123 View Post
2-page split is a great feature. I was wondering if it was possible to implement it in the PDF plugin?
In theory, yes, with the current PDF plugin, but it would require quite a few changes. The problem is that IREX will switch to the Adobe PDF viewer in the next firmware version, the source code for this plugin is not available (at least not in the 3.0 source code for the DR800, that already uses the Adobe viewer). It's still possible to compile the old PDF plugin for the new firmware though, but you'd have to change the file extension for the files that you want to view with the old plugin. I'm not sure if it would be worth the trouble.

I'm also not very happy with the way the two page split mode is implemented. It's not a big deal to rename a file, but I'd rather have a button for it in the popup menu (or a sub-menu, so that we can have multiple split modes for two and three column pages for example). But I don't think the plugins are supposed to add buttons to the popup menu directly.
luite is offline   Reply With Quote