View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #12
SHunter101
Connoisseur
SHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel isSHunter101 really knows where his or her towel is

Device: Kobo AuraH2O, Glo, AuraHD, JBC2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
But I don't know how to apply the patch with kpg.exe. Can anyone help?
It seems kpg.exe likes only the kpg.conf file. Since the goal is to 'Fix page breaks bug' and the librmsdk.conf file has only two option, then the easiest solution is to create two files: one for the default and one for the alternative (see attached files). I have tested the default file on my Kobo Glo and it seems to work. I have not tested the other. If someone could test them to verify there are no side-effects.

I am not a programmer and I do not use Linux, so for Windows, I did it by renaming the files:

1) Edit the librmsdk.conf file to one of the two option. Rename the file to kpg.conf

2) find the librmsdk.so.1.0.0 file from the latest version of the Kobo firmware, place it in the same directory as your new renamed kpg.conf. Rename librmsdk.so.1.0.0 to libnickel.so.1.0.0

3) Add kpg.exe to the directory containing your two renamed files and double click.

The generated file, KoboRoot.tgz, contains a single file libnickel.so.1.0.0. Rename this file to librmsdk.so.1.0.0 and add the KoboRoot.tgz containing the renamed file to your .kobo directory on your ereader and follow the rest of the directions from GeoffR. I used 7zip to open the KoboRoot.tgz file, located the libnickel.so.1.0.0 file and renamed it to librmsdk.so.1.0.0 all from within 7zip with out extracting the file (easy way).

These are not detailed instruction, more of a summary of the main events. I recommend using one of the two attached files instead. Until the original programmer alters the kpg.exe to find the new librmsdk.conf file we are stuck with renaming files. Until/Unless some finds a better solution.

Shunter
Attached Files
File Type: zip librmsdk default.zip (2.66 MB, 668 views)
File Type: zip librmsdk altern.zip (2.66 MB, 546 views)
SHunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote