View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Amazon is still king of the e-reader market even without a front lit display. The front lit display is not a game changer and not a significant increase in technology.
This is something that has me a little confused. Why is a front lit Kindle so important? Are people right now getting a case of "time for a new Kindle to come out with the same features as the nook?" syndrome, or people wanting a new gadget?

Specifically where I am coming from is this; you buy a Kindle, then what? You buy a cover. With the external power points and Kindle lighted cover I feel the demand for a front lit Kindle is more artificial than being made out. If/when a front lit Kindle comes out what will people then buy? A cover.

I can see the need for other ereaders. You buy, then buy a cover and "oh now I need a detachable light that requires batteries". What will be will be and it will come when it comes.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote