View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #212
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
I've always heard that (that e-Ink displays take no power, and that only refreshes do). I guess its just a natural skepticism that absolutely NO power use would be impossible. I guess my assumption was that it was a bit of hyperbole and that it actually DOES use a microscopic amount of power which might add up to something after several days of showing something. The scenario being someone leaving a device on for hours, days or even weeks (very possible if it just gets put down and forgotten about, left home from a vacation, etc.)

But its hardly a big deal. I mean I personally am unlikely to do that, even if it were using that tiny trickle of juice.
Somewher in this groups history is pictures of a PEz that has bee dissasembled. In that group is a screen that is clearly detached. There is a image on the screen (STILL).
No power needed except to make the screen CHANGE
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote