View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #9
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
After I read the posts here I checked my version of Calibre. It was 4.X.X so I downloaded the latest and now it seems everything is working right! YAY!

A few questions, though, before I go read this thing for the first time....?

How do I configure Calibre to just give the name of the book instead of the name and author? I am getting a title in the menu like:

name - author.pdb

and I what I am looking for is:

name.pdb

Certainly there is a way to do this?

I have something GOOD to say about this reader now....If yew delete the recently viewed file and clear that out, yew still have the bookmarks! It is kewl that they are kept in separate files. Very convenient.

I have been playing with the comic conversion a bit... I am not sure how to configure so yew can have page width in landscape? Reading an entire page vertical on a 5 inch screen is a bit rough on my autistic eyes. Is there a way to make the page width horizontal and scroll down? I tried a few settings but I wasn't able to find it. I was converting from CBR to PDF. Is there a better way?

I am a bit bummed that the reader supports over 20 formats and still I need to convert. But it is obvious to me now that the reader may not be at fault for this. It may be the files themselves. Either that, or Calibre definitely deserves a donation!

Far as I know, the Shadow books are public domain. Circa 1931 or so. Incredible writing. Very politically incorrect, but amazing talent.

One more thing... Is there a way with this device to make the hyphenation optional? It doesn't really seem to do a good job and reading is easier without it anyway. Is there a parameter either on the PP or in Calibre for this?

If it is not on the PP, is this something that can be added in a firmware update? Maybe a long with a clock? *Blink*

Thomas

Last edited by ThomasMcKean; 09-19-2009 at 12:45 AM.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote