View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #91
dynamike
Enthusiast
dynamike began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you mean with the tape, do you want me to test with tape on the longer outer edge, opposite of the battery/spine?

Or are you thinking about the flat "top and bottom" i.e. the flat bit you read through? On which edge? The tape is folded onto the surfaces of the side (top and bottom) of the ligthwedge, as you can see on teh first photo. The paint is only on the very edge of the lightwedge.
Sorry, I find it hard to describe. What I mean is to black out everything, except the two square glass surfaces one has to look through to see the e-ink display. If you put the wedge on a page and switch it on, you can see this typical bright rectangle which surrounds the reading area. I wonder what effect it has, when this narrow frame is blacked out as well. My hope is that this could improve the perceived contrast of the text and maybe also improves the brightness uniformity of the illuminated surface.

Quote:
I'm thinking of painting a small 1mm or so line along the "top and bottom" and not just the very edge to see if there's a difference. I'll do that tomorrow for the other edge.
I believe this is exactly what I meant.

Quote:
I used a small soft 'artists' paint brush for the paint, the kind they sell right next to those plastic model paint tins (tiny metal tins, maybe 2cm high or so).
I feared you would expose my own clumsiness by writing something like that.
dynamike is offline   Reply With Quote