View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #49
Morkl
Connoisseur
Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.Morkl can talk to the animals.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
I don't think that's to do with the key, but rather than it's installed as a different app with a different user ID.

For example, on my T1 /data/data/com.sony.drbd.ebook.reader is owned by UID 10006 (and GID 10006) but /data/data/com.sony.drbd.ebook_mod.reader is owned by UID 10046 (and GID 10006). Under /data/data/com.sony.drbd.ebook.reader there's a directory called shared_prefs and a file in there called com.sony.drbd.ebook.reader_preferences.xml and the permissions on that file are read/write for the user and group, but no access for everyone else.

Cheers,
Simon.
Yes, but all apps sharing a user ID must be signed with the same key Perhaps the actual file permissions can be changed, but then I'd have to make sure they aren't overwritten.
Morkl is offline   Reply With Quote