View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #24
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
My favorites are A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Tempest, of course, as I am into fantasy. I would love to see good productions of those. I was disappointed with the movie of AMSND that came out in the 1990s and I have yet to see the Helen Mirren Tempest but it got bad reviews.

The point of Shakespeare is the beautiful language and his amazing insight into human nature. May I suggest listening to some of the "Shakespeare Monolouges" at librivox.org?

As to good dramatizations, I thought the Al Pacino Merchant of Venice was good as were the Kenneth Branagh versions of Much Ado About Nothing, Henry V, and Hamlet.

Also, the Charles and Mary Lamb was not written for the "MTV generation" or it would not be in the public domain. I do believe it was intended to introduce young children to Shakespeare, though, which is a good thing.

Last edited by covingtoncat73; 12-19-2011 at 01:28 PM.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote