View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 AM   #1
JPS
Connoisseur
JPS doesn't litterJPS doesn't litter

Device: iPad II
Copy ebooks from reader back to the PC ?

Hi ! I'm new to Calibre...

I just bought a Sony PRS-650 and loaded some ebooks via Calibre... the books have automatically been re-arranged into different "collections" !

I would prefer to have ALL my books into ONE "collection" (directory?)...

Meanwhile, I had deleted the books from the Calibre Library...

So, I tried to copy all the books FROM the reader into a directory of my computer, but I got the following message:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: Not allowed

You are trying to save files into the calibre library. This can cause Corruption of your library. Save to disc is meant to export friles from your calibre library elsewhere.

[OK] [Copy to clipboard]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I clicked on [Copy to clipboard] but apparently nothing happened... What's this button for ?

Now... is there a way to copy ALL THE BOOKS in my reader back into ONE directory in my PC ?

Also, what shall I do to force Calibre NOT to create those different "collections" in my reader (or is it the Sony software who does it ?) A clear, detailed and thourough explanation would be welcome...

Thanks for any help...

J-P.

PS. I first tried the Sony software, but then I discovered Calibre and... I find it much more user-friendly (although a bit tough to understand when going deep into the "Preferences", for someone not used to computers ).

Last edited by JPS; 04-08-2011 at 03:39 AM.
JPS is offline   Reply With Quote