View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Thanks for looking at the tutorial!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatgirl View Post
Some random nitpicks:
  • The R in MobileRead should be capitalised
  • The N at the start of Notepad should be capitalised
  • "An ePub document is compressed file" think you mean "An ePub document is a compressed file"
Thanks for pointing this out, I will make the corrections before uploading again.

Quote:
  • If you are trying to teach as little HTML as possible (if you know what I mean!) why are you bothering to include those two meta tags? You'd be better off teaching the Doctype tag - it's scary, but important. The other important tag for a HTML page is the title tag. Although it's not needed in an epub, it is in every other HTML page. That one comes down to a judgement call, I guess...
The purpose of teaching a little HTML and CSS is to prepare the reader for the Sigil working environment. As the title tag is not needed, I skipped it. Same for the Doctype.
The "meta" tags are recognised as such by Sigil when importing the HTML file, so I thought it would be nice to show that you can find them in the metadata editor (and that the CSS has gone to the "styles" folder and the body to the "text" folder).

Quote:
  • Absolute newbies may not know directory=folder
Good point. I started with MS-DOS and sometimes that shows....

Quote:
  • The em explaination is a bit confusing... but it is hard to explain!
Yes, I know. I will try to improve it.

Quote:
  • "It is not necessary to create a TOC inside the book" this is a bit confusing. Maybe "It is not necessary to create a HTML file with an additional TOC inside the book..."
I thought that was clear.... I meant that some people like to see TOC pages at the start of an ebook, much like the TOC's of paper books, even if their reader has a TOC browser tool.

Quote:
  • "link from body to note and back" Newbies may not know what you mean by "link" as they haven't learned about anchors/hyperlinks.
Surely everybody knows by now what a link is....
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote